Popular Posts

Monday, May 6, 2013

I Watch and I Learn

I watch my daughter; and I learn.

I learn how to explore my world, and to see things anew.

I watch her joy as she discovers what there is to discover around her; and I learn.

I learn what it is to be joyful.  Really joyful.

I watch as she ventures out into places she’s never been, confidently and with certainty; and I learn.

I learn what it is to be interested.  Really interested.

I watch as she plays her way through each and every day; and I learn.

I learn to be playful.  Really playful.

I watch as she expresses her emotions.  Fully; and I learn.

I learn what it is to feel, allowing myself to fully feel; Really feel.

I watch as she becomes captivated in the moment, oblivious to all else around her; and I learn.

I learn how to become present.  Really present.

I watch as she imagines, blurring lines between realities; and I learn.

I learn that there is no difference. Really no difference.

I watch as she shows me that there is no destination, there’s only a path; and I learn.

I learn that the path is joy.  And I’m on it. 

 

No comments: