Popular Posts

Friday, May 23, 2014

The Universe Does not Speak Squeak

“Can you bring me my milk”?  Franki asks as I’m doing dinner prep.  I respond with, “soon honey”.  A few minutes and what feels like seconds later she inquires, “Can you please bring me my milk”?  (She thinks that by saying please that’ll speed up the process.  I reply with, “soon honey”.  And since apparently I was taking too long to bring her some milk please, she said, “but I said, “please”.  My last response to her was, “I heard you the first time, luv”.

Now imagine that you’re the one repeatedly asking the question, “can you bring me (fill-in-the-blank-for-that-thing-you-want)”, and the Universe is the one responding with, “I heard you the first time, luv”.

The very first time you ask, the Universe, whether you know it or not, says, “yes”!  You don’t ever need to check again to see if your milk’s been delivered.  It’s on its way.   You don’t need to ask again or add “please” just to cover your ass and make nice.

The Universe doesn’t care if you say please, beg, plead, need, or say wham-bam-thank-you-mam.

You could use every sweet word you like, but if you feel impatient, irritated or even discouraged because your milk hasn’t shown up, what you really mean is, “when will my milk come? I guess I don't deserve it".  Or,
"where the hell is my milk?!?  Somebody should get on that right now.  Where’s my milk?  My milk isn’t here. It's not here.  I need my milk and it's not here! What’s taking so looooooong”?

The more you plead, beg, squeal, screech, yelp, peep, the more you repel the very thing(s) you say you want because what you mean is more about noticing what you haven’t got yet, so the Universe responds to that.

The Universe responds to what you mean, not to the words you use.

Which means, if you pay attention to how you feel when you use your words, you’ll know what you mean.

You can’t cover up with words how you really feel.

If that’s what you really mean, that’s what the Universe responds to, and that's what you keep getting...no matter how badly you want or need something or anything.

And if you wake up every morning to check if it’s happened yet,  remind the Universe about what you said you wanted, or whine louder for it your actions are also backing up what you mean.

The Universe does not speak squeak.

When you doubt, worry, complain, feel impatient, or when you criticize those who have the thing you want, you assure the absence of what you want because you're doing the opposite of expecting it.

You expect your head to be right where you last left it, don't you?  Or do you need to keep checking?  Do you keep asking for it to be where you want it?  You don't worry that it won't be there tomorrow morning when you wake up, do you?

So if there's something you want that isn't coming pay attention to your propensity of thoughts around it.  How do they feel when you think them? Can you find a way to feel better - worry less, doubt less, feel slightly more hopeful? Can you distract yourself from your awareness of the absence of something you want so that you notice less that's it's not there?

All of your requests are received.  What you want is already in-the-works.  It's done. Your head is on, your milk is ready to drink.

All that’s left to complete the picture is for you to expect it.

"I heard you the first time, luv".

No comments: