Popular Posts

Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Best Thing That's Ever Happened To Me


I’m laying in bed next to Franki, looking up at the stars and the moon reflecting on her ceiling from the night light turtle on her dresser.  I turn my head to look at her and think, “you’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me”. 

 And while I bask in that thought and that feeling, Jack comes into my awareness and I think, “you’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me”.  My thoughts flow easily and freely and in flows my ex-husband and my divorce from him, then comes the idea of mom leaving when I was three and my dad being the way he was as I grew up and my step-mom and step-dad and the bankruptcy and the events of my life; all flowing freely into my mind’s eye appearing as snapshots of monumental life moments.

 I feel more deeply than I’ve ever felt before, the utter perfection of all of my life just exactly as it has unfolded; each moment leading up to the next, all of it unfolding to my benefit in such excellence to lead me to who I am.  I hold the belief that everything always works out to my benefit and that without the knowledge from a personal life experience, I wouldn’t know so clearly what I prefer.  There’s rightness in every moment; there’s flawlessness in every experience.

From each one of those experiences that could have been interpreted as “bad”,  I came to understand things about myself with more depth than I would have ever discovered.  The people, the timing of things, the events and the way they played out to match my point of attraction…none of it could have been, or could be, more perfect.   There truly is perfection in every moment.  Nothing is ever going wrong; everything is always going right.  I trust and know that whatever I create next is the best thing that’s ever happened to me because everything is the best thing that’s ever happened, or happening, to me….

No comments: