Popular Posts

Sunday, July 3, 2011

The moments....

As I was doing my list of things I appreciated before going to sleep the other night, looking back over my day, I realized it was more about the "moments" throughout the day, than it was about the whole day itself.  I thought about going in to get Franki first thing in the morning; seeing her bright eyes, and making her giggle as I bounced in like a bunny.  I thought about running my hands through her hair as the water from the shower rinsed the conditioner from her head, making her hair smooth as silk.  I thought about lathering moisturizer on her body and letting my senses absorb the smell of "baby castille" while feeling her perfect little legs and her perfect little arms.  I thought about us sitting together on her fuzzy pink bean bag chair, eating delicious blueberries together.  I thought about when she turned to me and said, " I wuv u mommy".  I thought about us skipping joyfully down the driveway, holding hands.  I thought of her reaching her hand out with a beautiful yellow dandelion...just for me. I thought of us on the front porch, cuddling, as torrents of rain fell from the sky.  I thought about us playing on the floor together, with Franki crawling over me, under me, sitting on me, sprawling on me, both of us laughing as she used me as a playground object.  I thought of us giggling uncontrollably as we both turned 'round and 'round in circles until we both got dizzy and crumpled to the floor.  I thought of those moments when she formulates her thoughts into words and is so proud of herself when they come out.  I thought about us sitting in the closet, on the floor, playing with dollie.  The bed-time stories and the food sharing, and the sweet and sloppy good-night kisses and the I wuv you's.  It's those moments, that make my life feel so good.  It's those moments that feel fulfilling, rewarding, adventurous, fun, free, interesting, compelling, rich, meaningful, joyful, happy, funny, captivating...and make me eager for more.  When she calls me "mommy, maman, Chris"...in a day filled with those moments, there's nowhere else I'd rather be, and nothing else I'd rather be doing, than being in that moment....each moment unfolding into the next and the next moment to be discovered and felt fully. 

1 comment:

Doug White said...

Nice!!! What a lovely description in your Blog...I can only imagine what all that feels like, sharing those times with your daughter...but the way you described it so clearly, it seems like such love and appreciation that I want some of that!!! lol