Popular Posts

Thursday, March 17, 2011

What if???

I found myself thinking a few minutes ago about a situation that I'm currently in, and a part of, as it's affecting my life and the way I live, and I noticed that as "real" as the condition(s) are, as "real" as the reality of it is, and as much of it as I'm living, I feel somewhat detached from it.  Although I do have some negative emotional responses to it, overall, it...that reality, doesn't feel real to me.  And so that thought led me to wondering how I'm a match to this...how is it that I've attracted this into my life, and how is it that I've become a part of it?  As a coach, I see myself as a "solution" so to speak, and I never see myself as part of the "problem" being perceived.  People discuss things with me that they're currently experiencing, and I offer different perspectives about it without getting emotionally involved in the reality that they're living, but rather, in the reality that they prefer.  I don't "hold" all of the answers, but I can be a catalyst to discovering their own answers that were there all along, or I can help them move toward their solutions.  So then I thought....well, what if I'm the "solution" in this situation as well?  What if, rather than being a part of the "problem", as I've perceived myself to be, what if I'm involved with and part of this, because I am part of the solution?  What if, I'm part of allowing the solution to come?  What if, my role in this is just as I see myself when I'm coaching?  What if???  That simple change of perspective (that I'm part of the solution rather than the problem) puts me on a very different end of receiving ideas that will flow, and could now open up more solutions to occur to me.  That idea feels really good to me, so I'm going to decide right here and now that that is my role here and I'll let ideas about solutions naturally occur to me and see what happens.

No comments: