Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Just Another Day or...The Best Day of My Life?


A few weeks ago, Franki and I were in the car and the name of a song was displayed on my monitor.  The title of it was, “Just Another Day”.  Without listening to the song, the title of it had me pursuing a trail of thoughts about what “just another day” means to me. 

 Did it mean, “oh, hum, just another day?”  Or, did it mean, “just another day in a lifetime full of awesome days?”  Just another day as in, “every day is a revelation full of awesomeness, so this is just another one of those.” 

Is my expectation of things always going well; is my expectation of discovery; is my expectation of flow and ease so stable and sure that “just another day” represents to me the probability of another day just like yesterday – which means a day sprinkled and filled with good-feeling moments and rendezvous with inspiration and creativity, satisfaction and pride, contentment and bliss, life flowing to me and through me, desire expanding and variety always present?

Right on the heels of “Just Another Day”, “The Best Day of My Life” was the very next song to be displayed. 

I chuckled because it matched perfectly what I was contemplating.

That led me to explore what “The Best Day of My Life” means to me.  What that means to me is having moments of joy and moments of bliss, and moments of pride and moments of thrill and excitement.  It means having moments of creative juices flowing, moments of ease and moments of variety.  It means a day filled with moments of appreciation and awe and wonderment.  It means a day sprinkled with moments of fascination and fun.  “The Best Day of My Life” represents to me a day-filled with rendezvous of good-feeling moments, not necessarily specifically defined by me in advance, but felt in advance and in the moments of it playing out.  It means to me an overall expectation of things going well, and the ability to choose throughout my day which perspective feels better as I revel in the perfection of my moments, my day, my life. 

All I’ve got is now.  I don’t have yesterday and I don’t have tomorrow.  I don’t even have 5 minutes from now because I perceive and feel now. 

My conclusion? “Just Another Day” and “The Best Day of My Life” are synonymous.  Today is just another day, and today is also “The Best Day of My Life” because I define just another day in the same way as I would describe what I believe the best day of my life to be.  The essence of both is identical.   

Now it’s your turn….what does it mean to you?

No comments: