Popular Posts

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Vortex of Giggles

Jack laughs his ass off at physical comedy.  Like the scene in Hitch, when Will Smith is teaching Alfred Brennamen how to dance and Alfred busts a move in every which way he’s not “supposed” to.  I like the physical humor, but I tend to prefer either the “clever” humor or the really silly humor from movies like “Airplane”.  “My name’s not Shirley” (for those of you who have seen the movie).  I think I’m pretty funny myself…I laugh at my own jokes and my own antics constantly…there’s really no other entertainment required for me.  I’m entertainment enough.  Whatever type of humor you’re into, even if it’s yourself, doesn’t it feel good to laugh?  Doesn’t it feel good to have that element of surprise to find yourself having a good ole’ belly laugh?  Or laughing so hard you just can’t stop?  I laugh when other people laugh.  I remember when our family was together and my uncle Bert would started to giggle about something.  He had this giggle about him that just made me giggle.  When he giggled, his whole body would shake, and his face would light up, his ears would lift, his eyes would squint and the corners of his mouth would curl up so high, I just couldn’t help but be sucked into his vortex of giggles.  So he would giggle, which got me started, which then made him giggle even more, which then made me giggle even more to the point where we were both uncontrollably giggling.  It makes me giggle just to think about it.  And I don’t know about your family, but I was brought up with three brothers who all liked bathroom humor.  It became a bonding experience for our family.  So, to this day, there’s hardly anything funnier to me than a good ole’ toot, and now of course (because Franki mirrors my behavior) Franki thinks that’s funny too.  I have “The Poopie List” framed and hung on the wall in our bathroom and the first time my father read it, he laughed so hard he cried…and tooted.  What a perfect moment in time…..bonding over “The Poopie List” and then bonding over something we’d always laughed at…my father’s toots.  Whatever you find funny, whatever your sense of humor is, find ways to access it as often as you can, and go…… go get sucked into a vortex of uncontrollable giggles.  ;)

No comments: