Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Update on my "status"

This is for you, Bryn…. ;)   There’s really no other way to describe it, other than, “I was lost and now I’m found”. ;) What I’m referring to is Facebook.  Yes, that app that we all have on our I-phones and that place where we post our blogs or our whereabouts or our current goings-on and that thing that some people incessantly check multiple times a day…I’ve decided that I like it now.  When my friend Bryn first asked me if I was on Facebook, I think I looked at her like she’d just told me my baby was ugly, and I replied that I had no interest in being that “social”.  I just wasn’t that into it. ;)  I finally succumbed to the FB “calling” when I had so many people asking me to see photos of Franki; it was a decision purely based on convenience…. Really.  It made it much simpler to post pictures for anyone who wanted to see updated photos of her.  Then, a high school friend of mine got “wind” of me on FB and told me that another high school friend was searching for me because she was organizing a reunion for our little gang that used to hang out together.  I was thrilled to hear from them both as I’d wondered about them over the years.  So how cool was that?!?  I’d particularly wondered about my friend Michelle, and there she was, 25 years later, a “friend request” away.  That then led me to be in touch with a few more select people from my high school days; but after all, I was able to select.  So just when I was ready to call it off with FB, I turned around and it had me at “hello”.  I’ve come to really appreciate FB for so many reasons.   Sure, there’s a lot of crap that’s posted and a lot of stuff that I’m not interested in, but I do have the ability to just skip over that stuff, don’t I?  I don’t have to read it just because it’s there.  What I do love about it is that it gives me the ability to communicate or connect so quickly, and so conveniently, with one, or many people.  And just having little tid-bits of the lives of my FB friends, whenever I want to access it, is fun.  I had so many birthday wishes from people the other day, that if I hadn’t been on FB, I would not have received.  It’s given me another way to communicate, another way to connect, and another way to be in touch and involved with those people that I care about.  And for that, I think FB is a really good thing.  So, I’m wondering…. Will you be my friend???? ;)

No comments: