Popular Posts

Sunday, October 23, 2011

There's Nothing So Serious Going On

Jack was just laughing at me because he said my blogs were so eloquently written and yet I come up with the oddest things when we’re in conversation.  For instance….You know the grocery store Giant…rather than call it by its name, I call it “Mr. Big”.  And I couldn’t remember where we were going this weekend, so I called it, “Broke Back Mountain” (we’re going to Camelback Mountain).  And I was referring to the town of Jim Thorpe, but couldn’t remember what it was called, so instead, I called it “Jim Brown”.  And I know this lady that I call “Armadillo” rather than her real name because her real name just doesn’t seem to suit her (according to me).  No offense meant; that’s just what comes to mind when I think of her.  I constantly call people by something other than their real names just because another name seems more “natural” to me.  It just pops into my head and that becomes their name.  I don’t really know where I’m going with this other than why take things so seriously?  For the first seven years of my life I thought my name was, “you little asshole you” as my dad referenced me so often.  A name is just a name.  I thought my name was special and it was nothing like any other person’s name I’d ever heard.  It’s all what you make it mean, right?  And so what, if I call people by the wrong name and so what, if someone calls me by a different name…Life is not to be taken so seriously and whether it’s a name, or you’re stuck in traffic, or someone is rude to you, or you’re running late to get somewhere, or your kids are acting up, or the weather isn’t cooperating, or you didn’t run your 5 miles today, or achieve your goal of cycling so many miles this month, or your husband leaves his clothes on the floor, or your wife doesn’t take the garbage out….there’s always a different perspective to be taken; one that’s a little lighter, a little easier and whole lot less serious, because there really is nothing that serious going on, and a lighter attitude or a different perspective can even make a name like, “you little asshole you” be the best name ever.

No comments: