Popular Posts

Monday, October 3, 2011

What Makes Life, Life?

For me, it’s waking up in the morning to a new day.  It’s going in to get Franki and seeing her for the first time all over again.  It’s sharing a look with my luv, or reaching out to hold his hand as we’re walking together.  It’s watching those programs that we really enjoy and talking about our day.  It’s calling my parents or my brothers.  It’s the conversations I have with my amazing friends, all of whom are wise and engaging and so special in their very own unique ways.  It’s seeing a sunset and watching the squirrel go from branch to branch.  It’s driving to my destination and appreciating the drivers around me and the roads that lead me to where I’m going.  It’s doing what I love, and doing what I don’t love and making a new decision about it.  It’s about having differences of opinion and working it out or allowing it to be just as it is.  It’s being angry or frustrated about something and finding a new perspective from which to view things to feel better.  It’s doing the mundane and the ordinary and choosing to see it as an adventure and a privilege.  It’s finding value in the things that I do even if they seem unimportant.  It’s petting my dog, and appreciating my experience no matter what it is, and no matter how I’m feeling because I’m human, and I’m an emotional being and I’m here figuring things out along the way, not in a race to the finish line, but on a leisurely stroll, allowing life to sharpen my focus and change my priorities and giving me opportunities to make new choices about what’s most important to me.  Life is about all of me, who I am now, and who I’m becoming and the people who contribute to that every day and the experiences I have that bring me joy and that bring me contrast…all of it to my benefit.  To me, that’s what makes life, life………

No comments: