Popular Posts

Sunday, October 16, 2011

What I've Come to Know

I used to believe that satisfaction was found only in the accomplishment of the goal.  I used to think that the annoying person had to stop doing that annoying thing before I could stop being annoyed.  I used to think that I could only relax after I had everything done and I thought it was all about “getting it done”.   I used to believe that I had to “earn” and “prove” myself worthy to anyone who was watching.  I used to believe that I had to “guard myself against” perceived dangers of the world.  I used to believe that unless the people around me did what I expected they should do if they cared about me, that it meant they were disregarding me.  I used to believe that children were to be “raised” by adults.  I used to believe that displays of emotion were irrational and represented instability or weakness.  I used to believe that “I will be happy when”……this or that becomes or happens.  I used to believe that I had to have the physical manifestation of something I wanted that I didn’t have, before I could feel the pleasure of having it.  I used to believe that I had to fulfill some “larger purpose” established by someone outside of me that was already laid out for me before birth.  I used to think that it was the responsibility of those around me to change or to be different before I could see and experience them differently.  Now, I know that satisfaction can be felt all the way to the goal; it’s not the goal so much as the journey to it.  I know that it’s up to me what characteristics about another that I focus upon that I will rendez-vous with.  I know that it’s not about “getting it done”, but rather about having fun and enjoying the ride.  I now know that I was born worthy, with nothing to prove and that the opinion that matters most is my own.  I know that to “guard myself against” perceived dangers only brings more to me that I perceive as dangerous and that nothing can really assert itself onto me; it is all brought to me, by me, through my attention to it.    I now know that I have a point of attraction and whatever I focus upon, I create, and whatever meaning I attach to something is a vibrational set point that I’ve established; that it’s not the responsibility of any other to make me feel “better” and that no one is really “making me feel” a particular way….It is I who is choosing a point of perception and feeling it.  People are in their own vibrational world and we all converge on our points of attraction.  I know that children are born knowing that they are pure positive energy and the Universe revolves around them and that they come forth knowing clearly who they are…something which I am now in the process of remembering and knowing again; that children don’t need to be “raised” by adults, simply encouraged to follow their own guidance.  Now I know that emotions are guidance coming forth from within and indicators of what I’m creating.  I know now that I can be happy “on my way” to things I want that I currently don’t have, and I don’t have to feel the absence of them, even if I’m not living in the manifestation of them right now.  I can feel it now, and that’s what matters most.  I know that everything I want is because I think I’ll feel better when I have it, or I’m experiencing it….so why not feel good right now, rather than wait for the manifestation?  I now know that I create my own reality and that the path was never set forth before me, but rather, that I get to choose and set it forth as I live my life.  It is I, who is setting it forth and Source is fully in agreement with whatever I choose to want.  I now know that no one has to be different before I experience them differently; it is simply a matter of my focus and what aspects of them I choose to activate within me.  That’s what life experience does….it brings me to new conclusions; new understandings; new decisions.  I wouldn’t take any of it back.  I wouldn’t want it to have unfolded in any way differently than it has.  I am happy with where I am, knowing what I know, and knowing that life will continually bring me to new conclusions, new desires, new decisions, and more understanding.  Life is always unfolding and no matter what I live, it’s always to my benefit, no matter how it may look in the moment.  There are rich and deep and meaningful experiences that I am creating constantly, all of them giving me the potential to discover who I really am.

No comments: